SKOMER PUFFINS photography Workshop
Puffins and Skomer Island
-Suitable for anyone who enjoys photography and beginners are welcome!
- Learn how to get the best out of your camera and utilise:
Aperture, Shutter Speed, Iso and Composition!
- Camera & lens hire is available upon request.
Maximum of 4 people per workshop.
Time: 10am - Dusk
Available June & July
Join me in Pembrokeshire for this unforgettable puffin workshop. We'll meet at 10am and then board our ferry to Skomer Island for 5 hours of photographic heaven. I will be on hand to help you individually with your camera settings, and techniques. We will regularly review the images on your camera together so I can help guide you with how to improve your next set of shots.
I will teach you the tips and tricks I have learnt over the years not only on my camera but also with the animal behaviour and how to anticipate the bird's movements so you can nail those beautiful portrait shots and those epic birds in flight shots too!
We will return for a rest and some refreshments before boarding our boat for our evening seafari, touring around Skomer and Skokholm Islands experiencing the breathtaking atmosphere of thousands of seabirds including the Manx Shearwater, as the sun begins to set.
You Will Need:
- Camera (DSLR/Mirrorless)
- Walking Boots and Waterproof Clothing
- Protective Cover for your Camera
- 24mm (or similar) for landscape shots, > 200mm for puffins, and > 300mm for razorbills and guillemots.
- Spare Batteries and Memory Cards
- Bean Bag or Monopod with Ball Head (Tripod not essential)
- Snacks & Drink
What is Included:
- All Photography Tuition and Advice
- 2 x Boat Fees & Landing Fee on Skomer
- Food & Drink
- Camera Equipment (only available on request for £35)
- Transport to and from Lockley Lodge
- Personal/Travel Insurance
- This trip is weather dependent. The skipper will make a decision at 8am each morning. If the skipper decides it is not safe to sail his decision is final and a refund will be issued.
Travel/trip insurance is highly recommended.
"I found Rachel really helpful and easy to get along with. She tailored the workshop around my abilities and gave me loads of useful tips. I'm more than happy to recommend her."
"My daughter and I had a workshop training session with Rachel. She was very thorough and we had a great time learning about using our cameras away from the basic settings and introducing the use of more advanced functions."
"I decided I needed to take photography lessons to learn more about my camera and I have to say Rachel has been amazing. Rachel explains everything so well and is very patient. I have just changed my camera so will be heading back for some more lessons. If you are thinking about having lessons, I would say book in now!"